Friday, 10 August 2012

Holy Grail Yo



Hi there!
These are my all time favourite basic beauty products that I always reach for and could not live without! They are quite well known products which I'm sure a lot of you will have already tried out and have a personal opinion on, but I thought I'd share my views
on them as I cannot rate each of them highly enough and I know I will always re-purchase!

Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub
I had not heard about this product until after I bought it in Tesco more than a year ago now simply because of the inexpensive
price of €4.50. After a few days of using it I spotted it in numerous beauty blogs like Beautycrush (my idol!)
I always keep double of this scrub because I know I will use it again & again!
I use this every night as I find it very gentle on the skin and sometimes because of this I use it in the mornings to as it is a great way to freshen the skin before going out for the day. It lasts weeks and is particularly amazing when I suffer from stress breakouts on my face(ugh). Favourite product EVER nuff said.


Tresemme 24 hour sky high plumping powder
This is a relatively new product of mine that I purchased when I decided I needed to stop teasing my hair after I got it stripped, which made my hair quite dry. To avoid further breakage and unneccesary damage to my hair but still have that ooommph (oh yes i went there) of volume I found this powder extremely effective.
The volumising results are immediate on my hair which is great as I no longer have to backcomb my hair for days to make it stay high!
I would not recommend this product for everyday use however as it can be quite drying and needs to be washed out
alomost the next day. I tend to only use it when I am heading out clubbing so this has been my experience of it!

Nivea Radiance Boosting Moisturiser
Also a new product, I started using this when I noticed my friend Diane was using it and tried it out a couple of times. As I did  not wear any make-up while working in Spain during the week, I found this moisturiser really great for enhancing my darkening skin tone aswell as adding a nice glow to my face.
 At €10 it is more expensive than other daily moisturisers. In a way I regret buying it as I do not use it everyday as I find, as a make-up primer, it is not the best due to its creamy texture & shiny finish. But, I still rate it as a top beauty buy
for those days when I do not feel like weighing my skin down with make-up.

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Soft & Gentle
Has to be said, Favourite. Highlighter. Ever.
I have been through a number of highlighters with different finishes such as Urban Decay Naked Palette in Virgin, and Benefit High Beam. High Beam I feel can be quite watery and looks too glossy for me personally. I adore Virgin as a brow higlighter, but to accentuate my cheekbones and give my face that perfect finishing touch I have to say MAC soft & gentle is the best.
Well worth the investment as I use it everyday and still havent noticed it running out as a little goes a long way. Use with a soft angled contouring brush and your away!

Alfaparf Milano Absolute Oil
Before I jetted off to Spain for four months, I went to my hairdresser for a trim and treatment. I knew I would not be able to maintain the condition of my hair as well as I do at home as my job had me out at sea a few times a week and in the pool every other day. She recommended this hair oil to me as I had previously been using John Frieda's Frizz Eaze heat protectant oil which is €6 and would last me no more than a month. This oil I have since February and I still have a quarter of it left. I use it EVERY time I wash my hair on my ends and sometimes fully through to heat protect my hair and keep it oh so glossy :) Love it!
It is €19 a bottle which is mega affordable considering it lasts months and is used in hairdressers.

I think its really interesting to see what effect certain products have on different people, would love to hear what you guys think!
Gonna be blogging a lot more now that I'm moving to Chicago! AAHHHHHH :) superly duperly excited to share stuff on
here! 

Peace and love ☮


Jennifer










1 comment:

  1. I love visibly clear , they're all great products! X

    ReplyDelete