Wednesday, 26 June 2013

Travelling essentials ✈

Hola 

As promised, here is my guide to travel essentials, as I am getting ready to leave for Barcelona! As I am flying with
Ryanair and baggage prices are ridiculous, I decided just to go with 15kg because I didn't want to overload my case with stuff I really didn't need, and I thought a 10kg carry-on wouldn't be enough for a month's worth of clothes!! This isn't a very hefty post with lots of different kinds of creams and unnecessary things cramming up my case! I really managed to narrow 
down my toiletries to what I need the most, as I am going to be living with a family rather than my own place!
As for tips, I haven't got tips as such but rather little steps  like I to take to make sure I have everything I need!
As I am leaving tomorrow, and I always leave everything to the last minute, I decided to pack most of my clothes last week
so that I wouldn't have to be rushing trying to get things washed and ironed and s**t! So as for clothes there is nothing too out of the ordinary.

--> couple of pairs of denim cut-offs
--> three mini skirts
--> one black pencil skirt
--> tank tops
--> two playsuits
--> three dresses 
--> lots of daytime tshirts
--> four crop tops
--> three light cardigans
--> one pair of black skinnies
--> two pairs of sandals
--> Nike trainers for hikes
--> one pair of strappy heels
--> bikinis





My suitcase is from Pennies and it was a birthday present from the parentals! It was around €24, which is great for a medium sized suitcase as I will use it again for college in September & wherever my travels take me after that! Thrown into this case I have some Baby powder which I won't go anywhere without! 
This is just normal for me, and anyone who I have suggested to try it, swear by it now! At home, I use it after I get out of the shower just to get rid of that stickyness that a towel
won't get rid of. In Spain, it will be my lifesaver on really hot days to put under my arms and any area that sweats (sounds gross) because it will soften and dry any unwanted patches! Trust me it's my all-time holy grail product! Also got the new Simple For Baby wipes, as there are 80 in a pack for just €2 and they are much gentler than Johnson's baby wipes which are way 
too harsh on my face. Cosmo mag to keep me occupied for travelling and also to use to help the girls learn English in a fun way :)









This is my little toiletries bag, which is a gift bag that had lots of Soap & Glory products inside as a Christmas pressie! It is the perfect size to hold what I need.

#1 Ambre Solaire Sun Cream
I was unsure about what factor to go with as I am not sure how hot it is over in Barcelona. But it is known to be cooler than other areas such as Seville, where my friend Diane is for the summer and the heat is meant to be hella hot there!
So I think SPF20 is ookay for now!

#2 John Frieda Frizz Ease
Love this stuff. I have the thermal protect serem which is a really lightweight oil that doesn't make my hair too greasy too fast and leaves it super soft after blow-drying! And my hair will need a protectant from the sun and this worked
wonders in Spain last year! About €8 usually but I got this on offer in Tesco for like €4, YAY :)

#3 Herbal Essences Bee Strong Shampoo
I haven't tried this particular Shampoo but I have seen the ad with Nicole Shcherzinger and yes I want hair like hers haha. It was also on offer for half price so I thought I would try it out, as I like to switch up the shampoo I use regularly. Have any of you tried this one yet?? Smells delish!

#4 Other random bits
Tootpaste, loofa, shower gel, yadda yadda you know what that stuff does!!





I use this Palmer's Cocoa Butter moisturiser at the mo because I wanted something a little richer for my skin as I have some dry spots on my arms and this stuff is amazing for making my skin so smooth. I don't use it everynight as I don't feel like I need to because the moisture lasts days. Smells so good too. Usually around €9 in Boots but Penney's now also stock this for much cheaper!




Bit of an odd product to be carrying with me going out into the Sun (duh), but I will use this tonight so I will have a light tan going over because I don't want to be completely pasty white for the first week! This lasts a couple of days even after showering and can be reapplied without getting cakey or smudged! €17 in most Boots stores, but luckily I got this on offer for €9.99 in my local chemist, score!





 I bought this body spray in the Hollister store in Chicago last year. It is a lovely mix of fruity & flowery and the perfect summer smell as it is not a perfume and can be just spritzed all over. £12.




These products should keep me going til I come home, with possibly some stuff lefover to bring home, because I hate waste so I keep everything until the last drop is gone! Hope you guys liked this post, and let me know in the comments what your travelling essentials are and what products I should be trying, as I need a new face moisturiser but nothing so far seems to work perfect for me.
As I am travelling to Barca tomorrow, its Adios for now! Hopefully I will get the chance to put up some blogposts at the weekend when I have settled in and begun my exploring! My boyfriend is actually in Barcelona right now, and sent me this beautiful picture from where he visited Lleida last week. So pretty 









Hasta luego chicas y muchas gracias por vuesto apoyo!





Jennifer x

twitter / tumblr / instagram @ jennifercurley_x







15 comments:

  1. now this is when we really knnow what our essentials are when we are forced to pick what we should take on holiday.

    you did really well with your allowance, if i go aay for a week i need more than that usually for all the shoes haha.

    beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tough haha narrowing down my shoes wasn't easy!! But there is nothing worse than bringing way too much stuff and having no room to bring home anything you have bought!
      I really like your handy tips on your blog :)

      Jen x

      Delete
  2. Lovely list of essentials!
    I absolutely love Radox!

    http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion, Celebrity and Beauty
    Get the latest here!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post, really enjoying reading your blog!! I am following you now :)

    Id be really grateful if you have a minute to visit me and follow back.

    www.kosmetyczna-hedonistka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this and your blog hun! just followed you :) xx

    http://gypsywardrobe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you sweetie :) love yours too <3 x

      Delete
  5. I love it!

    http://fashionismypoisonxo.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love the henna on your last post :O amazing! <3

      Jen x

      Delete
  6. have to agree about ryanair. their extra charges are just ridiculous. love all your essentials. love the hollister spray.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually added 50 euro onto my flight which I managed to get a really good price on! Love it so much and the smell lasts all day :)

      Jen x

      Delete
  7. New follower! Lovely blog, please check out mine if you get a chance! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. followed back girl thank you :) x

      Jen x

      Delete